How is Ebola spread?
Available information show that it spreads from person to person through contact with bodily fluids from an infected individual. The recommendations are that you avoid contact with infected individuals’ blood, saliva, sweat, faeces, or other bodily fluids.
1. Ebola is a severe infectious disease that kills BUT CAN BE PREVENTED inshaAllah.
2. Wash your hands frequently with soap. Be vigilante with your child’s hygiene.
3. Go to a hospital immediately if you have a sudden fever or diarrhoea, vomiting OR you have recently come into direct contact with wounds or body fluids of an infected person.
4. Do not share needles, razor blades, etc.
5. Avoid eating wild animals. Avoid eating partially eaten fruits left by bats.
6. Handle patients with care and use protective wear like gloves, glasses and masks. Wash hands with soap after touching sick people.
7. Use bleach to wash suspected patient’s clothing and bedding.
8. The body of someone who has died from Ebola is infectious. If someone has died from suspected Ebola, DO NOT wash the body, limit unnecessary handling and alert relevant authorities immediately.
9. Help prevent Ebola by reporting all suspected cases to the nearest government hospital.
10. If you need more information:
The KMC Website: www.ummatunwahida.com/ebola