The KMC Hospital Project is a major component of the KMC Strategic Plan. The project is broken into 2 phases; short and long term. Phase 1 is the starting of a pilot project through providing a clinic for the Ummah. Alhamdulillah, this has been implemented. Phase 2 consists of the building of the 25-bed KMC Hospital Ltd, as registered with Corporate Affairs Commission.
The implementation of both projects is initially guided by the Hospital & Welfare Committee of the KMC. This responsibility will be transferred to the KMC Hospital Ltd. Board composed of reputable professionals & individuals.
Initially, a 10 member board was approved at the KMC General Meeting of 30 July 2009, held at PW Jummaah Mosque, Kubwa. The KMC executive has further nominated Dr. Ibrahim Wada to serve on this first Islamic Hospital in the FCT (this is in process).
- Dr. Musa Ijakoro, Emir of Bwari
- Prof. Abba Hassan Waziri (Unimaid Teaching Hospital)
- Dr. Ibrahim Wada (NISA Premier Hospital)
- Dr. Abba Badamasi (National Hospital)
- Dr. Mora Ibrahim (National Hospital)
- Alh. Hussaini Umar
- Alh. Aminu Yakudima (President, Kubwa Res. Welfare Assoc.)
- Dr. Rafee al Ijebuwi – Vice Chairman (Ulama Committee), KMC
- Muhammad Baba Iyawa – Chairman (Hospital & Welfare Cmtee), KMC
- Mohammed Sani Mahmud – KMC Chairman
KMC Hospital & Welfare Committee: Terms of Reference
- Outline modalities for setting up a Muslim Clinic.
- Provide a sustainable financial plan for the Clinic.
- Ensure a clear strategic path to upgrade the clinic to a fully functional Muslim Hospital.
- Co-opt any relevant Muslim to facilitate the above through research, experience and communication.
- Advise the KMC with regards to government and NGOs (non-governmental organisations) medical programmes.
- Advise the KMC Executive with matters relating to humanitarian assistance to individuals and groups.
- Coordinate any humanitarian assistance efforts by KMC.
Project Design & Costing
The KMC has concluded complete working designs of the Hospital including all engineering & structural drawings. We were also able to provide a model of the hospital.